Posted: May 10, 2019
FINANCIAL REPORTING SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
- Internal and external accounting/financial reporting
- lead technical and tactical accounting for and audits
- Maintain accounts & related reconciliations
- Ensure that financial statements are issued timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP & FERC.
- Meet MLP public company technical accounting and reporting requirements
- Responsible for interfacing with resources throughout the organization to administer multiple entities' financial statement close processes.
- Consistently monitor GAAP and FERC developments to identify, evaluate, implement, and document new guidance
- Serve as the primary point of contact for quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditor
- Assists in internal and shareholder audits and support rate case efforts
- Assist in the monthly close process, including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, intercompany and equity investment accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare account reconciliations, including those involving legal + environmental contingencies & accounting for income taxes.
- Prepare monthly financial package, ensuring accurate reporting and adherence to a five-day close calendar.
- Use financial reporting tools- Host Analytics and Oracle to automate monthly financial reports.
- Assist with the maintenance of existing reports and the creation of new reports to help the business measure performance of existing and new strategic initiatives.
- Assist with joint venture accounting. Prepare or detail review monthly financial statements of Joint Ventures and wholly owned subsidiaries for accuracy.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the quarterly financial reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors. Prepare/update schedules, reconciliations, control narratives and reports as requested by external auditors. Coordinate internal and shareholder audits of the Financial Reporting Team.
- Read, interpret and apply accounting standards to current or proposed transactions + special projects (both GAAP and FERC). Lead or assist in the Company's implementation of new accounting standards (such as the newly enacted revenue and lease standard) including analyzing the appropriate accounting, control, policy and system impacts.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements: Balance Sheet, Statement of Income, Statement of Stockholders' Equity and Cash Flow Statements including MD&A footnote disclosures
- Support the protest/complaint/rate case process through frequent thought partnership with FERC counsel and other internal/external resources.
- Adhere to internal controls and assist with the maintenance and implementation of new accounting systems/tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting areas of financial reporting and/or general ledger accounting
- Experience with preparation of GAAP compliant financial statements, including MD&A and footnote disclosures
- Experience reading, interpreting, and applying accounting required, such as: recent accounting pronouncements, joint venture/equity investment accounting, goodwill and intangibles, and business combinations
- Demonstrated proficiency with financial systems including experience with high volume transaction systems.
- Exposure to FERC Uniform System of Accounts
- 2+ years of public accounting (audit) experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle financials + Host Analytics; Experience with reconciliation tools preferred
- Pipeline or related industry experience preferred
- Experience implementing ASC 606: Revenue and/or ASC 842: Leases preferred
- Tech exposure: (MS Office, Oracle or other large ERP, Host Analytics, Workday, and Blackline systems or other account reconciliation tool)