Posted: March 16, 2020
Compensation: $35-$65 Per hour (Depending on Experience)
Location: Multiple Metro Atlanta Locations Available!
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patient’s health as she/he prescribes provides, delegates, evaluates and coordinates comprehensive professional nursing care through the use of the nursing process for patients of all ages, gender, cultures, and background; provide physical and psycho-social support to patients, friends, and families. This individual may oversee clinical care of other personnel including Medical Assistants.
Degree from an accredited school of registered nursing; active license
Representative Job Duties
- Consistently and effectively utilizes all steps of the nursing process in the provision of timely, safe, and appropriate patient/family care
- Assess the patient and family in systematic and ongoing manner for both overt and covert signs and symptoms.
- Collects pertinent data using appropriate assessment techniques
- Prioritizes data according to patient’s immediate conditions
- Involves patient, significant others and appropriate health care providers in collection of data when appropriate
- Consistently uses clear, concise, and effective written/oral communication and complies with departmental policies when sharing relevant patient care data.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, derives and documents appropriate diagnoses from patient and family assessment
- Identifies expected outcomes individualized to patients and provides follow-up care as needed, documents these clinical and educational outcomes consistent with the patient’s diagnoses and capabilities and educates patients and families on treatment of illness, health maintenance and prevention
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care and consults appropriate resources when serving patients outside the Center’s regular patient population
- Effective and appropriate delegation of patient care activities to coworkers.
- Demonstrates technical competence based on patient needs including phlebotomy, IV insertion, informatics, POC testing and proper use of equipment
- Provides a safe and clean environment through the use of appropriate risk management practices such as labeling and removing broken/expired items from service
- Provides appropriate follow-up care as needed
- Practices in compliance with established practice standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and regulations. Completes all mandatory requirements
- Provides basic education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs
- Demonstrates an ability to remain calm, perform effectively and professionally during peak periods of activity and emergency situations
- Assumes other duties as assigned