Posted: March 16, 2020
Location: Atlanta Metro Area
Compensation: Depends on Compensation
Under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, the Surgical Technologist I scrubs for surgical procedures and performs other duties related to the preparation and maintenance of the operating room environment and assists with the peri-operative care of patients.
- Works with the surgical team under the direct supervision of a registered nurse to provide care to the patient during the intra-operative period
- Performs scrub duties according to procedure
- Selects and organizes supplies and equipment specific to the proposed surgical procedure
- Anticipates changes and makes adjustments in case preparation according to the variation in the surgical procedures
- Cares for instruments and supplies according to established procedures
- Participates in activities conducive to the safety of patients and team members
- Monitors and supports use of aseptic technique
- Correctly labels medications on the field
- Actively participates in the Universal Protocol process
- Responsible with the RN for prevention of retained surgical items
- Responsible for the care and handling of specimens.