Posted: March 18, 2020
Location: Metro Atlanta Area
Compensation: Depends On Experience
The Medical /Practice Assistant (MA/PA) is an integral member of the healthcare team and is accountable for patient care as assigned by a licensed independent provider (LIP: MD, NP, PA), a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN). The MA/PA participates in the direct and indirect care of patients, health maintenance, patient instruction, collaborative planning and rehabilitation as within scope of practice and consistent with his/her education and training. The Medical/Practice Assistant may be present in secure medication storage areas and is allowed incidental access to medications. Developing relationships with patients, families and colleagues, the MA functions as an interdisciplinary team member who provides quality patient care and contributes toward the attainment of important goals for the patient, the practice and the organization. Additionally, as part of the regular job duties, the MA/PA will provide administrative support to the practice responsible for multiple functions to ensure a smooth and seamless patient experience.
- Required Minimum Education:
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
- Required Skills:
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and possess strong computer skills.